Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Downward Spiral - An Introduction

What follows is a work of fiction. Or is it? I first wrote this piece in the summer of 2010 as a post on the old Life After the Oil Crash forum. From the nearly 5000 times that the post was read and approximately 100 reader comments before that forum was closed, I could tell it struck a nerve.

With this work I have outlined what I believe the future is going to hold for many middle class Americans. In fact, it is all too likely that many former members of the middle class are experiencing some version of this future right now, and my heart goes out to each and every one of them.

Someday, I hope to complete a novelized version of this story. But for now, the short story version will have to suffice. I encourage everyone who reads and is touched by it to pass it along to anyone whom they feel it might provide some enlightenment. If even one formerly unaware reader awakens to the issues of Peak Oil and resource depletion, writing this will have been worth it.

- Bill

2 comments:

  1. post moar, Bill!

    --Monkeyfister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bill, it's L4L from the Hubberts Arms forum. I see you have left (maybe for good?)

    I am leaving too. EyesWideOpen censored a thread about the "civilian kill trophy" photos from Afghanistan when the discussion turned to whether the Atom Bomb should've been dropped on Japan in WWII. It was a totally sane & rational discussion that did NOT need to be censored.

    Anyway, email me at temp.esq AT gmail sometime if you wanna shoot the breeze. I think HA is really going downhill lately- too bad b/c it had great potential.

    ReplyDelete